The tasks involved are varied and interesting. Our new team member will be a great all-rounder, an inspiring and enthusiastic practitioner:
- Leading and inspiring sessional workers, volunteers to deliver a programme of universal, open-access community activities for children aged 0-11.
- Being one of the ‘faces’ of enact children’s and families work, helping us maintain a positive reputation of the enact Kids Club and family provision in the community.
- Creating great resources to make our sessions fun, engaging ‘informal learning’ spaces.
- Co-creating positive programmes that achieve our aims and vision.
- Help support young people transition from kids club (5-11 year old) to youth space (10-14 year olds).
- Recording key data and evidence that we can use in feedback to Trustees and Funders.
Interviews will be held on Monday 28th June with ‘practical’ interviews taking place on either the 29th, 30th June or 1st July in Enfield, North London.
Are you a passionate about youth work? Looking to use your skills and experience to inspire young people through projects based on the needs identified in Enfield? Are you motivated to create opportunities that include young people’s voices?
Enact have a vacancy for a Senior Youth Worker to lead our open-access community youth provision. We are looking for an experienced youth practitioner to manage our youth team and volunteers to develop a range of engaging activities and training opportunities for young people aged 10 to 19 in the Enfield community.
- Delivering group and individual work to young people including half term, afterschool, evenings and residentials, using a planned youth work curriculum
- Line managing sessional youth and youth volunteers to plan, deliver and evaluate work
- Contributing to the development of youth work and lead on specific areas of work
- Applying for relevant funding.
- Managing the budget for the work for which you are responsible.
Some of the experience and qualities we would like to see the successful candidate include:
- A relevant professional qualification (e.g. JNC, QTS, QSW, Level 2/3 youth work qualification) or can demonstrate qualification by experience.
- Proven experience of incorporating equal opportunities into the work you do.
- Experience of leading and working in various youth work settings (outreach, centre base, trips etc) and developing projects from identified needs from young people.
- Ability to work flexibly, up to 3 evenings per week, weekends, residentials and school holidays.
To Apply please visit: Senior Youth Worker – Oasis Hub Enfield » Oasis UK
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 29th June with ‘practical’ interviews during evening sessions on Thursday 1st or Friday 2nd July in Enfield, North London.